Martha YoungGuestDecember 6, 2020 at 5:02 pmPost count: 2526
A History of Japan
(Showa: A History of Japan, #1)
by Shigeru Mizuki, Zack Davisson
- Author: Shigeru Mizuki, Zack Davisson
- Series: Showa: A History of Japan, #1
- Genres: history, manga, comics, japan, historical, asia, biography
- Language: english
- Characters: Chiang Kai-shek, Georgy Zhukov, Hirohito, Zhou Enlai, Puyi
- Places: Japan, Tokyo, Shanghai
- Awards: Harvey Awards Nominee for Best American Edition of Foreign Material (2014), Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards Nominee for Best U.S. Edition of International Material-Asia (2014)
- Release date: September 3, 2013
- Publisher: Drawn and Quarterly
- Format: paperback, 533 pages
- ISBN: 9781770461352 (1770461353)
About The Book
A fascinating period in Japanese history explored by a master of manga.
Showa 1926 — 1939: A History of Japan is the first volume of Shigeru Mizuki’s meticulously researched historical portrait of twentieth-century Japan. This volume deals with the period leading up to World War II, a time of high unemployment and other economic hardships caused by the Great Depression. Mizuki’s photo-realist style effortlessly brings to life the Japan of the 1920s and 1930s, depicting bustling city streets and abandoned graveyards with equal ease.
When the Showa era began, Mizuki himself was just a few years old, so his earliest memories coincide with the earliest events of the time. With his trusty narrator Nezumi Otoko (Rat Man), Mizuki brings history into the realm of the personal, making it palatable, and indeed compelling, for young audiences as well as more mature readers. As he describes the militarization that leads up to World War II, Mizuki’s stance toward war is thoughtful and often downright critical — his portrayal of the Nanjing Massacre clearly paints the incident (a disputed topic within Japan) as an atrocity. Mizuki’s “Showa 1926-1939” is a beautifully told history that tracks how technological developments and the country’s shifting economic stability had a role in shaping Japan’s foreign policy in the early twentieth century.
EPUB Showa, 1926-1939 Shigeru Mizuki buy on Book Depository. TXT book Showa, 1926-1939 iPhone. FictionBook ebook Showa, 1926-1939 download. Hardback Showa, 1926-1939 by Shigeru Mizuki read online on Mac on Walmart.
PDF book Showa, 1926-1939 Shigeru Mizuki download. FB2 ebook Showa, 1926-1939 buy cheap for Kindle on Bookshop. Online Showa, 1926-1939 by Shigeru Mizuki. MOBI ebook Showa, 1926-1939 read for iPad on Barnes & Noble.
(MOBI) Showa, 1926-19392020-12-06T17:02:01+00:00
Viewing 0 reply threads
Viewing 0 reply threads